The FaroArm is a precision measuring device that is ruggedized for shop use. However, care must still be exercised in the operating environment when using the FaroArm. Proper operation and care includes avoiding:
- Solvents: Avoid contact with chemical solvents.
- Abuse: such as dropping or twisting at end stops
- Moisture and high humidity: Avoid contact with moisture.
- Power fluctuations - Power the FaroArm with the supplied power supply. The power supply is NRTL Listed for US and Canada. For IEC member countries and Europe, the power supply must be certified for the country in which the equipment is sold.
- Rated Voltage - 110-240V ~ 50 - 60 Hz
- Voltage Tolerance - +10% or -10%
- Rated Input - 0.8A
- Sec. Voltage - +12 VDC
- Sec. Current - 2A
- Pollution Category - 2
- Installation Category - 2
- Excessive temperature changes without appropriate elapsed time - To maintain certified accuracy in a multitude of environments, the monitoring of temperature and the rate of temperature change is required. Only the FaroArm employs a software/hardware solution where a semiconductor temperature sensor is built into each joint. The temperature is continuously monitored and the difference over time is then applied to the mathematical formulas or kinematics. Link length corrections are made constantly by the inboard processor, which adjusts the kinematics and constantly adapts the output to changing environment temperature. However, because different components heat or cool at different rates, the device is expected to reach a steady state temperature within a +/- 3 degree C bandwidth for 5 minutes before measurements can be taken. For convenience, the FaroArm is programmed to generate an error message when the temperature exceeds a +/- degree bandwidth.
precautions, concerns, operation, care, temperature, abuse, voltage, considerations, power, V, volts