If you are experiencing power issues with the USB FaroArm® try using the steps below.
Check to make sure the arm is turned on. Look and see if the lights on the arm handle are on. If they are not on, consider the following:
- What power source is the arm plugged into? (Many errors are caused by power issues into the arm. Evaluating the power will help us find the root cause of the issue)
- Inspect the power supply module and report anything that looks out of the ordinary. (frays, burn marks, loose wiring/connections)
- Report the voltages at the outlet, and arm near the power connections.
- Do you use a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) with the arm/system?
- Is the arm plugged into a two prong, or three prong plug?
- Was the arm used with an extension cord? What length? Is the extension cord a 3-prong grounded cord?
- How was the grounding verified? Tester type?
- If the arm was used with a battery, try using the arm with and without the battery. Reboot the arm in between. Describe what occurs:
- If other cables are available, try a different set of power and USB cables for the arm. Does the issue remain?
- Try plugging the arm into another power outlet/room eliminating everything connected between the arm power supply and the outlet and also take the battery off the arm. Does the arm still experience the issue?
- If the problem persists, contact FARO® Support.
Create Event Log
- Go to Start > All Programs > FARO > Create Event (or Error) Log Package.
- You will be prompted to send the file to FARO - Click OK.
- Save the file to your desktop to send to FARO.
- You may need to pull the event log off the computer.