The following steps can be used to determine what version of MCU Firmware you currently have installed for your FARO Laser Tracker:
- Open the FARO Utilities.
- Press the Connect button and then press OK to connect to the tracker.
- Press the Diagnostics button.
- Select the tab labeled Version Info.
- The MCU Firmware Version Number listed on this tab.
- Note: The Version Info tab will display the installed firmware for several portions of the tracker system in addition to the MCU. The MCU Firmware is the only item that can be updated through software though. Updates to the MCU Firmware can be downloaded from the Customer Support section of FARO’s website.
- Close the Diagnostics.
- Disconnect from the tracker.
- Close FARO Utilities.
Tracker Firmware, MCU Firmware