Download and Install
- Click here to download the latest FARO® Laser Tracker Utilities, version 188.8.131.52, released Feb 2021.
- Note: FARO Tracker Utilities requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) to operate. These packages are not included with the installer. Newer computers might require the manual download and installation of this packages. Visit the Microsoft website download links below.
- Extract the contents to the desktop of the computer you use with the Tracker.
- Run the setup.exe.
- VantageS6 and VantageE6
- VantageS and VantageE
Windows 7- FARO Laser Tracker Utilities 2.2.1 or Earlier Issue
A known issue with FARO Utilities while using Windows 7 is the inability to use Find Trackers on versions 2.2.1 and earlier. This is a common way for to change the IP address of the tracker or to determine the current IP address if another operator has changed it.
FARO Utilities version 2.2.2 released in Feb 2011 resolves this issue.
If using FARO Laser Tracker Utilities 2.2.1 or earlier, to change the IP Address of the tracker using Windows 7:
- Open Laser Tracker Utilities
- Click Connect to connect to the tracker at 184.108.40.206.
- Open Tracker Pad from the Utilities
- Press the "Set IP Address..." button down towards the bottom.
- A reboot of the Tracker will be required for the new IP address to work.
If you change the IP address of the tracker, you may want to place a label on the tracker indicating its new IP address.
faro utilities, faroutilities, tools, utilities, cleanup