- Click here to download the latest FARO® Laser Tracker Utilities, version 4.16, released Nov 2019. (Alternate Download Link)
- Extract the contents to the desktop of the computer you use with the Tracker.
- Run the setup.exe.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes|
|Compatibility||Microsoft Windows 7 and 10|
Note: A known issue with FARO Utilities while using Windows 7 is the inability to use of Find Trackers on versions 2.2.1 and earlier. This is a common way for to change the IP address of the tracker or to determine the current IP address if another operator has changed it. FARO Utilities version 2.2.2 released in Feb 2011 resolves this issue.
If using FARO Laser Tracker Utilities 2.2.1 or earlier, to change the IP Address of the tracker using Windows 7:
- Open Laser Tracker Utilities
- Click Connect to connect to the tracker at 22.214.171.124.
- Open Tracker Pad from the Utilities
- Press the "Set IP Address..." button down towards the bottom.
- A reboot of the Tracker will be required for the new IP address to work.
If you change the IP address of the tracker, you may want to place a label on the tracker indicating its new IP address.
faro utilities, faroutilities, tools, utilities, cleanup