Using a free conversion utility, projection plans created with RayTracer can be converted and used with BuildIT Projector.
Note: BuildIT combines only one LASER GROUP, one PART, and one TOOL at a time, working on a per-job-basis. Therefore, if the JOB file being converted contains more than one LASER GROUP, one PART, or one TOOL, the conversion process will fail. In those cases, you can convert each LASER GROUP, PART and TOOL individually to then import or combine them as needed.
- Download the RayTracer Database Conversion Utility. Once downloaded, launch the RaytracerToProjector.exe file.
Note: This converter can also be found under the BuildIT Projector installation location: C:\Program Files\BuildIT\BuildIT Projector 20xx\projection
- Select the projection job in the RayTracer database, located in the JOBS folder.
- Choose a location where to save the converted BuildIT XML file. Make sure you add the xml extension to the file name.
- You should have a converted XML file, and you can import it directly into BuildIT via the Import Projection Plan button.
- After import, the projection data will now be populated the plan.
Note: These are only projection curves and are not actual entities in the model. These curves can be viewed and selected in the plan, but can’t be edited or used otherwise.