Composite Datums are required when 2 datum features are both seen at the primary datum. Composite datums combines 2 datum features of the same type, to allow both to be uses as the primary datum in GDT callouts.
- Create the datum features as detailed in Applying Datums to Features in CAM2.
Creating a Composite Datum
- From the GDT ribbon select Composite Datums
- In the Manage Composite Datums window:
- Highlight the datum letters needed in the LH pane
- Select Create to create the composite datum in the RH pane
- Select Close
- The composite datum will now be available for use within GDT call-outs.