How to apply a GDT angularity call-out to a feature.
Creating the GDT Call-out
- Select the GDT tab
- Highlight the required feature in the Feature panel
- From the ribbon select Angularity
The GDT panel will open in the lower LH corner of the UI
Note: If the GDT icon is ‘greyed-out’ this details that the selected feature does not support this call-out.
- Within the GDT panel:
- Click into the tolerance, and enter the required value
- Select the required datum
- If aligned to CAD, the result will be shown in the GDT label displayed in the 3D viewer.
- If not aligned to CAD, it is also necessary to manually enter the ‘nominal’ angle between the two features:
- Right click to right of the tolerance cell (indicated below by #)
- Then select Override Length and Angle
- Check the Override Angle box
- Enter the Nominal angle
- Select OK
The call-out will be calculated and the result will be shown in the GDT label displayed in the 3D viewer.
Note: To display results in the GDT label select via View > GDT Label > Level of Detail
Copying GDT Call-outs to Other features
This allows multiple features of the same type to have the same call-out applied
- Apply the call-out to the first feature
- Highlight the first feature
- Right click and select Copy Tolerances
- Multi-select other features
- Right click and select Paste Tolerances
- Message ‘Do you also want to paste the GDT tolerances?’, select Yes
The GDT call-out will be applied to the selected features, and the GDT label will be displayed.