How to apply a GDT line profile call-out to a feature.
- Alignment to a CAD model is required.
- Line Profile can be applied to:
- Polyline (Hard Probe)
- Measure the required feature
Creating the GDT Call-out
- Select the GDT tab
- Highlight the required feature in the Feature panel
- From the ribbon select Profile of a Line Group
The GDT panel will open in the lower LH corner of the UI
Note: If the GDT icon is ‘greyed-out’ this details that the selected feature does not support this call-out.
- Within the GDT panel:
- Click into the tolerance, and enter the required value
- Profile of a line does not support datum callouts and is calculated based upon the active alignment.
The call-out will be calculated and the result will be shown in the GDT label displayed in the 3D viewer.
Note: To display results in the GDT label select via View > GDT Label > Level of Detail
Copying GDT Call-outs to Other features
This allows multiple features of the same type to have the same call-out applied
- Apply the call-out to the first feature
- Highlight the first feature
- Right click and select Copy Tolerances
- Multi-select other features
- Right click and select Paste Tolerances
- Message ‘Do you also want to paste the GDT tolerances?’, select Yes
The GDT call-out will be applied to the selected features, and the GDT label will be displayed.
How it’s Calculated
Profile of a Line Group is a 2D geometric tolerance that controls how much a polyline group can deviate from the true profile. It represents the smallest tolerance zone conforming to the nominal curve contour that will hold the entire measured surface.
When applied to a surface, each cross section must fall within the tolerance zone along its entire length, therefore all points on the surface must remain within this zone to be deemed as acceptable.
|This on a drawing...||Means this when calculated...|