SCENE uses the Adobe Flash Player to deliver some features. When opening the software, you may get error message 190 about the Adobe Flash Player version, or the Project Selection tab may not display the projects you know should display. SCENE requires the latest Internet Explorer -- ActiveX version of the player to be installed. How you get the latest version depends on which internet browser is defined as the default on your computer.
Install Flash Player
Make sure you are using the Player for Internet Explorer – Active X version 220.127.116.110 or later.
If Internet Explorer is Default Browser
- In SCENE, right-clicking the Project Selector tab and choose About Adobe Flash Player x.x.x.x from the menu. The Internet Explorer – Active X version is displayed on the menu selection.
- This webpage http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ opens, telling you which version of Flash is installed on your computer, listing the latest version of the Player for Internet Explorer -- ActiveX, and enabling you to click the link to the Player Download Center if your version is not the latest. Upgrade to the latest version if necessary.
- If you upgraded the Player, restart SCENE and check the version number as described in step 1. The context menu should display that you have a new version of the Player.
If Internet Explorer is Not Default Browser
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the webpage:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Compare the version of the Internet Explorer – Active X Player that is installed on your computer with the latest version of the same. Upgrade to the latest version if necessary.
- If you upgraded the Player, restart Internet Explorer and check the version number as described in step 1. The webpage should display that you have a new version of the Player.
This Adobe Flash Player Help webpage can also be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
error code, display problems, error problems