The FARO Zone Viewer is a free program that lets anyone view FARO Zone files. Download and install the software to open diagrams, analyses, animations, and fly-throughs created with FARO Zone 2D or 3D.
FARO Zone Viewer opens any .far or .fzpc file. The viewer is only used to display FARO Zone files, and it cannot be used to make permanent changes to the original .far file or point cloud data.
- Display diagrams, models, bullet trajectories, blood spatter analysis, vehicle crush, measurements, and more.
- View any point cloud included with the .far file.
- View a scene in 2D or 3D mode.
- Play animations, fly-throughs, and walk-throughs.
- Add temporary measurements for length, angle, and area.
- Print diagrams at any scale or save to a .pdf file.
Computer system requirements is identical for the entire Zone series of products. For detailed information, see: Computer System Requirements for FARO Zone
Click on the link below to download the latest FARO® Zone Viewer.
|30 Nov 2022||2023.0|
Due to the large number of files required by the FARO Zone Viewer application, it is not possible to package it into a single executable file for installation (versions 2022 and later). Instead, the program installation is normally performed as a streaming download from a secure web server. This section explains how to install FARO Zone 3D for those with or without internet access.
For Users WITH Internet Access
Run the executable download file from the link above. The filename starts with “FZViewer” followed by a series of numbers, such as: FZViewer_22_8_0809.exe. The installation program will access the internet as needed to download other files that are required to complete the installation.
For Users WITHOUT Internet Access
Without internet access, if you try to install the file used in the previous steps, you will receive an error and the process will stop. Instead, follow these steps to install FARO Zone Viewer when the computer does not have internet access:
- Download the installation files:
- Internet Download: Click here to download the FARO Zone Viewer “Redistributable” package. This is a large file (~3.5G), depending on your connection speed may take some time to download. Once downloaded extract the “.zip” file to a folder.
- Scroll down the list of files until you find two files with names similar to those shown below. You may want to turn on the viewing of filename extensions to verify the correct files.
- Launch and run the .exe file that has a name that starts with “FZViewer” followed by a series of numbers, such as: FZViewer_22_8_0809.exe. This installation program installs several prerequisite applications that are required to run FARO Zone Viewer.
- When the installation tries to access the internet to download more files, you will receive this error message:
The message is informing you that it cannot find the file it needs, since the computer is not connected to the internet. Click OK.
- Finally, launch and run the file “FARO Zone Viewer.msi”. This causes the installation to proceed by using the .cab files, instead of trying to download from the internet.