FARO® Zone 3D Download
If you already use FARO Zone 3D and have an active internet connection, you can update it to the latest version by using the link on the home screen. Click the Program Patch or Product Update link and follow the prompts to download and install the update.
- Check that your computer meets the recommended requirements.
- Complete the form below to download the latest version of FAROZone 3D. If you are looking for an earlier version, click here.
Date: 8 Sep 2022
Looking for a free trial? This form only provides access to the software download. To request a trial (and download the latest version), please visit the FARO.com download page.
Due to the large number of files required by the FARO Zone 3D application, it is not possible to package it into a single executable file for installation (versions 2021 and later). Instead, the program installation is normally performed as a streaming download from a secure web server. This section explains how to install FARO Zone 3D for those with or without internet access. Once successfully installed, proceed to License Activation for FARO Software to activate your software.
For Users WITH Internet Access
Run the executable file on the media stick shipped to you by FARO or the download file from the form above. The filename starts with “FZ3” followed by a series of numbers, such as: FZ3_21_0_1204.exe.
Running this package installs FARO Zone 3D on your computer. The installation program will access the internet as needed to download 3D models and other files that are required to complete the installation. Once the installation is complete, enter the license key you received with the product. For more information on activation see: License Activation for FARO Zone.
For Users WITHOUT Internet Access
If you try to install the file used in the previous steps, you will receive an error and the process will stop. Instead, follow these steps to install FARO Zone 3D when there the computer does not have internet access:
- Locate/download the installation files:
- Media Stick (shipped to you by FARO): Open the folder named “\NO INTERNET”.
- Internet Download: Click here to download FARO Zone 3D the “Redistributable” package. This is a large file (~5G), depending on your connection speed may take some time to download. Once downloaded extract the “.zip” file to a folder.
- Scroll down the list of files until you find two files with names similar to those shown below. You may want to turn on the viewing of filename extensions to verify the correct files.
- Launch and run the .exe file that has a name that starts with FZ3 followed by a series of numbers, such as: FZ3_21_0_1204.exe. This installation program installs several prerequisite applications that are required to run FARO Zone 3D.
- When the installation tries to access the internet to download more files, you will receive this error message:
The message is informing you that it cannot find the file it needs, since the computer is not connected to the internet. Click OK.
- Finally, launch and run the file “FARO Zone 3D.msi”. This causes the installation to proceed by using the .cab files on the media stick, instead of trying to download from the internet.