When you install the SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver or try to run FARO software, if a message appears stating an error occurred when starting the Sentinel License Manager service (Status Code: 4858900), a conflicting service may be using the com port that the license manager service needs to use.
The FARO Sentinel License Manager Service (HASPlms) is a component of the SafeNet Sentinel HASP driver. This service uses port 1947 to authenticate your FARO product license key. To use your FARO software, this service must be running properly. If another service is running on port 1947, FARO software cannot successfully run the license manager service.
This article tells you how to stop the conflicting service running on port 1947 and start the Sentinel License Manager so that you can install the HASP driver and run FARO software. But you may need help from your IT representative to remove the conflicting service or run it on a different port.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes|
- On the server, click the Windows Start button and in the Search field type Cmd, then press Enter. The Command Prompt window appears.
- At the command prompt, type netstat -aon|more and press Enter.
A list of ports and their current states appears.
- Locate the local address 0.0.0.0:1947 and record the PID that is listed.
- Click the Windows Start button and in the Search field type taskmgr, then press Enter. The Windows Task Manager appears.
- Click the Services tab and sort the PID column ascending to descending. Look for the PID you recorded in step 3. The Name of that PID should be hasplms and the Status should be Running.
- If the Name is something else, right click on the row and click Stop Service. Contact your IT representative to remove the conflicting service running on port 1947 or run it on a different port so that port 1947 can be released to run hasplms.
- After you stop the the conflicting service, click the Windows Start button and in the Search field type services, then press Enter. The Component Services window appears.
- In the left panel of the Component Services window, click Services [Local].
- In the central panel under Name, locate Sentinel LDK License Manager. Highlight it and click Start.
You should now be able to install the HASP driver without seeing an error message and your FARO software should correctly access the license manager service.
- Error-SafeNet Code 35845 Sentinel HASP License Driver
- TCP/UDP Port Used by the Sentinel HASP Driver and FARO Licensing System
- Download SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS)
- Uninstall and Reinstall SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS)
COM settings, COM ports, conflicting communications ports, conflicting COM ports, COM port conflicts, HASP error message, licensing error message, installation error message