Routine cleaning of the 6Probe™ external optics is necessary to ensure optimal performance and accuracy. Handle the 6Probe with care to ensure its longevity.
- Never touch the optical surfaces or the LEDs.
- Keep the 6Probe free of dust and moisture by storing it in the case when not in use.
- Clean the 6Probe only when necessary, excessive cleaning can degrade the optic coatings.
- Always using the proper cleaning materials and procedure when cleaning is required.
Cleaning of the Center SMR:
- Use canned air to blow any particulates or dust off the Spherically Mounted Retroreflector (SMR). Prior to spraying the canned air, spray the can away from the probe first to remove any propellant from the nozzle.
- Clean reflective surfaces with clean cotton swabs with Optima grade acetone and / or the moisture from your breath.
- Gently slide cotton swab across reflective surface while rotating it in the opposite direction.
- Never use a dry cotton swab to clean the optics, always use solvent or moisture to prevent scratching of the optics.
- Use each cotton swab only once.
- Cleaning of the Center SMR is identical to cleaning other SMRs and optical targets. Detailed instructions are available in the User’s Manual.
Cleaning of the LED’s
- Use canned air to blow any particulates or dust off the LED lenses. Prior to spraying the canned air, spray the can away from the probe first to remove any propellant from the nozzle.
- Moisten a clean cotton swab with reagent-grade methanol (≥ 99.8%).
- Use that cotton swab to gently clean the LED lenses.
- Use canned air to blow dry after cleaning with Methanol.
6probe, tracker, clean, maintenance