FARO® Technologies, Inc. is committed to the uncompromised safety and quality of our products, the satisfaction of our customers, and the desire to make the best measurement equipment on the market. This includes the ongoing testing of our products to ensure that they meet the highest standards in the industry relating to safety, quality, and accuracy.
We have recently become aware of a potential quality issue attributed to the supplier of the M12 Power Connector used for FARO Tracker external power supply cables. Affected units include Tracker serial numbers lower than V2*******7630 or V3*******7630 or AC cables purchased as accessories. Specifically, FARO was notified of a slight possibility of an intermittent grounding related to the housing.
As a result of this finding and out of an abundance of caution, we will replace affected cables, free of charge. To facilitate this replacement, our Customer Support team will contact you over the next several months to arrange shipping your replacement as they become available.
In the meantime, FARO strongly suggests adhering to the following five important safely measures to maximize the safe use of the current connector:
- Unplug AC power supply cord from its wall or power outlet and visually inspect the AC cable (3-prong plug and M12 connector) for external damage; check the connector face for burn marks, melting, or loose pins that could be indicators of an intermittent ground (Earth GND) connection.
- Do not expose the power supply or cables to water or any liquid.
- Do not step on or crush the power supply connectors or cables.
- Never use a 3-pin to 2-pin plug adapter at the wall; these adapters disconnect the Earth GND and can create a hazardous condition.
- Only use the product once you have verified that the wall outlet has a properly functioning Earth GND receptacle and circuit breaker in the panel.
Examples of a "Healthy" Connector
|Pin insulators are present and extend past the threaded connector nut.||Pin insulators are present and only one conductor is visible|
If, upon inspection, you find that your AC power connector or cable is damaged, or if you are uncomfortable continuing to use your current equipment, stop using the device immediately and contact FARO Customer support for assistance with an intermediate replacement until the new components are available. Even if you find no damage and continue to use the device, we still recommend replacement as soon as we make the new material available.
On behalf of FARO, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.