This article lists the Release Notes for each version of As-Built™ for Autodesk Revit® Software to date. The current version release notes are displayed at the top of the article. Previous revisions are contained in expanding sections below.
Navigating this article:
- Use the Table of Contents block in the upper right hand of this article to jump to a release.
- You can expand a version section by clicking the + button
- To search all versions, click the Expand All Versions button and then use the Ctrl+f search feature in your browser. Sections must be “expanded” to be searched.
As-Built for Revit 2019.3 Release Notes
This third maintenance release for As-Built for Revit 2019, and includes the following fixed issues.
- REVIT-1240: Align Walls lead to an exception when deleting a wall of a wall group. This is now fixed.
- REVIT-1222: Equipment with mixed connector types caused exception. Was related to special equipment. Invalid shapes are now filtered in advance. User gets a message.
- REVIT-1195: Exception when beams are attached: detach and reattach Beams/Colums in Align Structural Elements. You now get a warning message "The selected columns and framings are attached to objects other than beams. These attachments must be disconnected. After applying the constraints, an attempt will be made to restore all attachments." And Revit highlights errors while re-attaching.
- REVIT-1200: Fit Beam with vertical beams: insertion location was wrong (completely different level). This is fixed now. Fitted beams are on correct level and position.
- REVIT-1159: Corrections for French menu
- REVIT-1139: Ortho-Image did not produce what you see is what you get even with Single Scans. It now does.
- REVIT-1124: Insert Ortho Image in Family Editor: Avoid Exception for Invalid File. We improved our check for invalid file formats.
As-Built for Revit 2019.2 Release Notes
This second maintenance release for As-Built for Revit 2019, and includes the following enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
New As-Built Modeler included
An As-Built for Revit license now includes FARO’s new As-Built Modeler.
As-Built Modeler provides high-resolution external scan views that are more intuitive and easier to navigate than the point cloud in Revit. Clicking points in these scan views directly generates geometry in Revit using the SendToRevit App in As-Built Modeler.
The VirtuSurv Tools ribbon tab of As-Built for Revit has been renamed to reflect that these tools can also be used with the SendToRevit App from As-Built Modeler:
Scan positions can now be imported from a scan position file exported from As-Built Modeler:
Activation of As-Built Modeler Functionality
All customers with a valid As-Built for Revit 2019 license are eligible to use As-Built Modeler 2019.
To activate the functionality you need to update your license as follows:
- Customers with a valid maintenance contract for a local single-user license of As-Built for Revit can use the online update or the license portal.
- Customers with a license for As-Built for Revit 2019
- without valid maintenance at the time of the update, or
- with network licenses, or
- without internet access
Contact customer service to perform a manual activation.
- REVIT-1109: Un-desired Zoom out during all commands that require to pick points, e.g. Fit pipe, Fit beam, Fit Wall, etc.
- REVIT-1110: In 2D views picking points was not possible if an active work plane had an undesired angle to the view. This is fixed.
Prepare Point Cloud
- REVIT-1091: In certain situations, Revit crashed during usage of Prepare Point Cloud. For instance when the view section was only limited in one direction (top or bottom) and not both.
- REVIT-1075: Cancelling the Prepare Point Cloud command sometimes did not work or was slow.
- REVIT-1047: In certain situation the Prepare Point Cloud command lead to an exception "The input point lies outside of Revit design limits."
- REVIT-1096: Prepare Point Cloud was not respecting the view extends correctly and could take more time than needed. This is fixed.
Create Ortho Image
- REVIT-1013: In certain situations, the Ortho Image command lead to an exception: "The input point lies outside of Revit design limits."
Scan Position Import
- REVIT-1073: Depending on the length unit of the Revit project, the scan positions imported from a Scan position txt file were placed and displayed incorrectly. This has been fixed. When using VirtuSurv to create the scan position txt, save them in meter.
- REVIT-1050: Improved startup time/performance
- REVIT-1063: Updated FARO Licensing package
As-Built for Revit 2019.1 Release Notes
This first maintenance release for As-Built for Revit 2019, and includes the following enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
The user manual is now available in all languages As-Built for Revit supports: English, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Italian.
The info dialog now also shows the internal version number. This helps in case support is needed.
Surface Analysis - Renamed Display Style
Since many users got confused on how to update the display style of the As-Built Surface Analysis results using the Revit "Edit Style" command, we renamed the title of the legend created by As-Built:
Also, the Display Style was renamed to Point Cloud Deviation Display Style for more clarity:
To change the Default Analysis Display Style:
- Select the legend
- Use Edit Style and select the desired style, e.g. USIBD LOA 30 or select the new default style directly in the view properties.
To apply a new display style to the current view:
- Go to the view properties Analysis Display Settings > Edit
- Click the ellipsis in the Analysis Display Style column
- Select your desired style, e.g. USIBD LOA50
Clash Detection – Grouped Transactions
To make Undo more efficient, we grouped the transactions that are done during clash detection.
- REVIT-513: Fixed exception in Auto Link command.
- REVIT-998: Showing empty clash list lead to exception. Now it’s possible to show an empty clash list. Also, the Show clash list button is always enabled, so if the command was executed before and no clash list is shown, the user may open up the clash list after starting the dialog.
- REVIT-1022: Increased robustness when picking a point. An exception occurred when picking a point. The problem was that the plane needed to select a point could not be reset correctly.
- REVIT-956: Improved error handling. Expected exceptions of Worksharing (especially of CheckOutElements) are caught and reported as error messages to the user.
Installation and Start-Up Exceptions
- REVIT-1002: Warning message when Apploader starts twice
- REVIT-964: Start-up exception now shows a suggested solution
- REVIT-980: We increased the robustness of the Config for invalidated document keys. There were multiple reports of an exception that was caused when accessing the config with an invalidated document as key for the Config dictionary.
- REVIT-1014: Updated licensing component
As-Built for Revit 2019 Release Notes
This is the first release for As-Built for Revit 2019, refer to the What’s New Document for a more detailed explanation of new enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
As-Built for Revit 2018 and Earlier Release Notes
Refer to the link below for As-Built for Revit 2018 through PointSense 15.0 version history information.