This article lists the Release Notes for each version of CAM2® Software to date. The current version release notes are displayed at the top of the article. Previous revisions are contained in expanding sections below.
Navigating this article:
- Use the Table of Contents block in the upper right hand of this article to jump to a release.
- You can expand a version section by clicking the + button
- To search all versions, click the Expand All Versions button and then use the Ctrl+f search feature in your browser. Sections must be “expanded” to be searched.
CAM2 2021.5 – Release Notes
This is the 6th release for CAM2 2021 and includes the following Enhancements and Fixed Issues.
Pre-set Views aligned to active Coordinate System
The 3D viewer pre-set views, which can be activated using the 4,5,6,7,8, 9 and 0 keys, will now align to the active coordinate system. Previously the pre-set views always aligned to World, regardless of the active coordinate system.
User determined render size for Key-In Planes
When keying in a plane using the Point and Normal method, users can not determine the render size, i.e., display width and length of the plane.
Note: this option is not available for the 3 Point method, as the size is determined using the point data entered.
Ungroup feature from Group Folder
Users can now select feature within a Group folder and ungroup them via the context menu.
CAD Translator – support depreciation of Ideas .pkg format
Official support of I-deas .pkg formats has been depreciated. Some files may still translate however our vendor no longer supports addressing any issues found with this format.
For a full list of supported formats, see: Supported CAD Import/Export File Formats for CAM2
- CAM2M-10400: Parallelism symbol displayed mirrored.
CAM2M-10411: Unable to open customer file after specific report workflow.
CAM2M-10422: Exception raised when opening fcd created in legacy version.
CAM2 2021.4 – Release Notes
This is the 5th release for CAM2 2021 and includes the following Enhancements and Fixed Issues.
Cylinder extraction improvements
Improving noise removal algorithms.
Add support to standard projection for round slot features
Integrating support to standard projection for round slot feature extraction, as firstly exposed in experimental feature “Feature extraction improvements”.
Improve point distribution for slot extraction
Extraction algorithms improvements.
Adjustment of the labels display plane
Adding adjustment of the label display plane depending if the application is in cross-section mode or not.
In Cross Section Mode
In the 3D view
Persisting label position
Label positions are persisted if the user toggles “Scale to screen” and “Capture Views” or changes label styles.
Updating icons in the point cloud workspace
Updating icons in the point cloud workspace
Add support to CAD surfaces grouping
Allows the assignment of a multi-selection of CAD surfaces to a new layer, by using the context menu (right click).
Right click to access the context menu and chose “Assign to new layer”
A new layer is created, containing the selected CAD faces
Add support to a multi-selection mode
Allows the user to make a multi-selection of features in the feature tab as well as CAD faces in the 3D environment, without needing to hold the Ctrl key.
Select the Multi Select option in the Quick Menu
Enable the Multi Select mode and select multiple features without the need to use the Ctrl key.
Enhance the auto-save use
Resetting the auto-save timer when the document is saved manually.
- CAM2M-10268: Group folder duplicated on Report List
- CAM2M-9449: When invoking Add Readings, the arrow between the probe and feature isn't displayed, when the arm is taken from the rest position
- CAM2M-10243: Readings are incorrectly highlighted on Measurement Data
- CAM2M-10246: Single Line Label Mode for Inspect Surface Point doesn't show deviation
- CAM2M-10319: Label is not updating angle units
- CAM2M-8994: Labels in Cross Section Analysis Tool location are different than the report location
CAM2 2021.3 – Release Notes
This is the 4th release for CAM2 2021 and includes the following Enhancements and Fixed Issues.
Best Fit Point Cloud
This option provides users a single click option to align all point cloud to CAD, avoiding the need to access the Point Cloud Alignment workspace. Once CAD and Point Cloud are present, the Best Fit Point Cloud icon will be available from the Home and Alignments ribbon.
When selected, CAM2 will compare the volume of the Point Cloud and CAD. If enough Point Cloud coverage exists, 80% of CAD volume, the alignment will be performed.
In the scenario where scan coverage is less than 80%, a notification will be shown and the Point Cloud Alignment mode will be opened, allowing the user to utilize other methods to assist alignment, such as point pairs.
CAD Translator Updated
The CAM2 Universal CAD Translator provides our user all support format as no extra cost, and this version includes updated formats as per the table in this article: Supported CAD Import/Export File Formats for CAM2
Rectangular Slot – Maximum Solver
This version now provides the Maximum solver for Rectangular slot, to calculate the minimum circumscribed rectangular slot. This now allows users to utilize Standard (best fit), Minimum (maximum inscribed) or Maximum (minimum circumscribed) methods to solve rectangular slots:
The maximum solver is available for both hard probed and extracted features, and can be selected from the Feature properties:
CAM2 provides an autosave function, which can be enabled or disabled via Preferences. To enable users to easily turn Auto save on and off, we now provide a toggle in the upper left-hand corner of the UI.
CAM2M-8101: Missing surfaces after translation of specific IGS file.
- CAM2M-9989: Modifying a CS ignores the previously applied temperature compensation.
- CAM2M-9938: Incorrect parallelism calculation when using a constructed feature.
- CAM2M-8802: Custom symbol abbreviations are not applied in non-English languages.
- CAM2M-9274: Missing characters when exporting report to pdf.
CAM2 2021.2 – Release Notes
This is the 3rd release for CAM2 2021 and includes the following Enhancements and Fixed Issues.
Copy to Nominal
This option replaces the previous Make Nominal command and provides users a more flexibility than previously available. Copy to Nominal duplicates the geometrical information of the selected actual features and creates associated Key-In nominals.
This method maintains both actual and nominal features but removes dependencies that previously required other features to convert to nominal also.
Simply select the feature or feature in the Feature list, and from the right-click contextual menu, select Copy to Nominal:
Datum Alignment – Material Temperature Compensation
Material temperature compensation is now supported when creating Datum Alignments.
The Material options allow the user to :
- Select a material from the material list
- Manually enter the material temperature, or automatically measure the temperature using a connected external or device temperature sensor.
- Create Custom Materials using the ⊕ icon:
Replace Report Image
We now provide the ability to replace existing Report images to eliminate the need for users to manually delete, add new and update reports.
Select the image in the View panel right click and select Replace image. Browse and select a replacement image and the report will automatically be updated.
Update View Data
As with report images, users are now able to update a View Data by simply manipulating the 3D viewer as required, and right clicking the View Data that needs changing in the View panel, and then selecting Update. The new Capture View will replace the previous and the report will be automatically updated.
Feature List - Multi-select toggle
Multi select enables users to select multiple items in the Feature List using only the mouse cursor, removing the need to press and hold Ctrl while selecting. The Multi Select toggle is accessed via the Quick Access toolbar.
Auto-close Coordinate System wizard
Previously when creating coordinate systems, the wizard window would remain open, to allow another Coordinate System to be created.
To better support more common user workflows where multiple coordinate systems are not created sequentially, we now automatically close the Coordinate System wizard.
Publishing of .fcdx files
RPM now supports .fcdx compressed files, and these can be published to Control Server via the RPM plugin in CAM2.
Support to ‘Save as’ fcdx
When a QuickTool includes a ‘Save as’ step, Control Station now allow the user to save as .fcdx or .fcd.
CAM2M-8491: Material temperature change does not affect Datum alignments.
- CAM2M-10000: dN value incorrectly shows large error on specific surfaces.
Key-In Tube / Reporting
- CAM2M-9413: Bend radius values changing in XYZ Tube Report.
- CAM2M-9859: Group labels are not showing values as per properties (CS, CS Type, Units).
- CAM2M-9901: Measuring a Pick from CAD nominal Cone the actual is not associated.
- CAM2M-10055: Point Cloud disappears after applying a grid filter >10mm
- CAM2M-10060: Group is not available to add to report list
CAM2 2021.1 – Release Notes
This is the 2nd release for CAM2 2021 and includes the following Enhancements and Fixed Issues..
Allow nominal planes to be used projection planes
We now allow nominal planes to be used as projection planes for measured 2D features. This option is disabled by default but can be enable via the Preferences > Measurement > Projection Plane options and checking the Allow nominal planes box.
When enable nominal plane will be available for selection from with the Projection Plane drop down within the Measure ribbon and the feature properties.
Dynamic zoom during Point Cloud capture
We have implemented new camera behavior while scanning to allow users to adjust the camera zoom, providing a visual overview of the area scanned.
While measuring, if the user moves the LLP out of range, they can move the probe away from the component to zoom out. The further away from the component the further out the zoom. In addition, placing the arm at the home position, whilst a Point Cloud measurement session is open, will zoom to extents of the scanned volume.
Scanning profiles – LLP driver settings overrides
While utilizing CAM2’s default scanning profiles, CAM2 has an ‘Apply Defaults’ option active, which resets the LLP driver settings to default to ensure the level of data captured matches that of the profile selected.
In some advanced workflows, users may need to utilize specific LLP driver filters, so had to disable ‘apply Defaults’ and then change the required settings within the LLP driver setting. We now display these options outside of the Scanning Profiles, providing easier access to more commonly used stings.
- Apply Defaults – when checked this reverts the LLP driver settings to their default values.
- HDR – when checked, enables HDR mode using the LLP driver values (Overrides Apply Defaults value)
- Enable Reflection Filter – Allow to user to apply the LLP Driver Reflection filter providing a dropdown with Low (300), Medium (600), High (1000) pre-sets and Custom value (0 – 1000) option. (Overrides Apply Defaults value)
Feature Based Alignment
- CAM2M-9975: High alignment error shown when using constructed features.
- CAM2M-9955: Material temperature compensation applied incorrectly.
- CAM2M-9968: Unable to edit Properties of a Group created by Group Features.
- CAM2M-9912: Add Reading not applied to selected features.
- CAM2M-9806: Edited Properties using multi selected feature isn’t being saved.
CAM2 2021.0 – Release Notes
This is the 1st release for CAM2 2021 and includes the the following Fixed Issues.
Please refer to the What’s New document for details of newly added features and capability.
CAM2M-9728: Exception occurs when clicking Manage Alignments.
CAM2M-9807: Exception occurs when editing an alignment (Turkish language).
- CAM2M-9767: Constructed feature normal incorrectly calculated.
Pick From CAD
- CAM2M-7182: Line is not extracted correctly when using Pick from CAD method.
- CAM2M-9366: Incorrect Rectangular slot extracted when using Pick from CAD method.
- CAM2M-9793: Constructed feature label not updated when recalculated.
- CAM2M-9854: Mismatch between Label and Feature Information (German language)
CAM2 2020 Release Notes
CAM2 2019 Release Notes
CAM2 2018 Release Notes