Graphic and performance issues are usually attributed to unsupported or underpowered graphic cards, outdated drivers, or improperly configured graphic settings.
Here are some common symptoms:
- Glitches or artifacts on dropdown menus
- Selections and interactions are slow
- Selection boxes appear solid white and not greenish and transparent
- Software crashes just after opening
Verify the Graphics Card
RevEng does not support ATI, Intel, or older NVIDIA graphic cards. Minimum requirement is a NVIDIA GeForce or Quadro with 8GB DDR5. For more information see Computer System Requirements for RevEng.
- Press Windows+X to open the Quick Access Menu menu, and click Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section and verify a supported graphics card is installed.
Many computers have two or more graphics cards, each card is listed in the Device Manager.
Setting the Graphics Card Used by RevEng
For computers with multiple graphic cards, it is necessary to specify which card will be used when running RevEng.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose NVIDIA Control Panel.
- On the left hand side, select 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
- In the Global presets drop-down menu, select 3D App - Game Development.
- In the Preferred graphic processor drop-down menu, select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
Update the Graphics Card Driver
Visit https://www.nvidia.com to download the latest driver for your graphics card.