The following warranty plans do not apply to the:
Cobalt Design. For available warranty options for these products, please see: Warranty Plans for FARO Cobalt Design.
FARO® is focused on providing competitive service plans tailored to fit your needs. Each plan offers convenient benefits to maximize uptime and lower the total cost of ownership over your device’s lifespan. All plans are offered in 2, 3, 4, and 5-year terms at point of sale, renewals are offered in 1, 2, and 3-year terms, extended care is available only in a 1-year term.
Loaner equipment is also available to minimize any potential downtime. The Ultimate Uptime plan includes a no-charge loaner during all repairs and calibration services.
Service Plan Options at a Glance
Here is what is included in each hardware service plan offered by FARO. See the sections below for more details about each option.
|Technical Support & Self-Help Knowledge Base
|Embedded Software and Driver Updates*
|Shipping From FARO To You**
|1 Annual Calibration***
|Shipping From You To a FARO Service Center**
Repairs & Calibration
* Embed Software Updates refer to the onboard firmware of the hardware device and do not include standalone licensed software products.
** Shipping charges exclude custom brokerage fees, duties, taxes, and VAT. Shipping charges to a FARO Service center will be covered if the unit fails within 90 days of a repeat service or the initial ship date.
*** For warranties that include calibrations, calibrations are only active during the life of the warranty. The Design ScanArm is not a metrology-grade measurement tool, during an annual calibration the unit will be checked for proper accuracy and operation but will not be issued a calibration certificate. For more information click here.
NOTE: Misuse, abuse, wear and tear, environmental or natural disasters, and other unwarranted damages are not covered by any warranty plan.
Manufacturer's Standard Warranty
This plan is automatically applied upon purchase to any of the above listed products at no additional cost. Every unit comes fully calibrated and ready for use. The warranty term is specific to the device purchased and begins once the unit is shipped. This plan includes the following coverage:
- Includes parts and labor for defects, craftsmanship and corrective actions as well as return shipping charges *
- Free technical support: email, phone, and self-help knowledge base
- Priority while in service with a completion target of 14 calendar days from receipt of your device.
- Preventative maintenance multi-point inspection with any service
* Shipping charges exclude custom brokerage fees, duties, taxes, and VAT
The Basic Care plan is available for all units. This plan can be purchased to extend the benefits of the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty. It includes these benefits when purchased at the point of sale or before the devices current service plan/warranty expiration date. Available on all new units from point of sale up to 7 years after unit ship date. CPO units from point of sale up to 5 years after unit ship date.
- Includes everything in the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty
- This plan does not provide cleaning, calibration, and re-certification (ACC).
Shared Care (discontinued)
The Shared Care plan is available for all units and is the only coverage for “Legacy” models. Legacy models include those that are seven years or older from date of unit manufacture. This plan includes the following benefits:
- Free return shipping*
- 50% discount on annual calibrations
- Standalone calibrations are limited to one per year. Calibrations accompanied with a repair, are not subject to this limitation.
- 30% discount on parts (labor is fully covered)
This plan can be purchased to extend the benefits of the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty. It includes these benefits when purchased at the point of sale or before the devices current service plan/warranty expiration date. Available on all new units from point of sale up to 7 years after unit ship date. CPO units from point of sale up to 5 years after unit ship date.
- Includes everything in the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty
- This plan also provides one annual cleaning, calibration, and re-certification (ACC) as recommended at the beginning of each service plan year of coverage.
This plan can be purchased at any time during an active service plan/warranty. It includes these benefits when purchased at the point of sale or before the devices current service plan/warranty expiration date. Available on all new units from point of sale up to 7 years after unit ship date. CPO units from point of sale up to 5 years after unit ship date.
- Includes everything in the Complete Care Plan
- Shipping charges to and from the factory *
- Loaner device shipped the next business day for all services, including annual cleaning, calibration, and re-certification
* Shipping charges exclude custom brokerage fees, duties, taxes, and VAT. EMEA customers located in zone 5 (customs countries located outside the EU) incur an additional yearly fee to cover shipping costs.
These plans are available on all units older than 7 years from unit ship date. Available in Basic Care Extended, Complete Care Extended, and Ultimate Uptime Extended contracts. Extended care is only available in 1 year increments.
Keep Your Service Plan Current
By keeping your service plan current and active, you will gain peace of mind knowing that repair and service costs are completely covered. Additionally, you will have access to our 24x7 self-help Knowledge Base, our personalized FARONow! portal and FARO certified customer support from experienced agents during normal business hours.
If your service/warranty plan is ending soon, or already expired, it’s quick and easy to get back under an active plan. We’ve introduced a new way to renew your plan for your FARO® hardware and software – our new FARONow! customer service portal. FARONow! personalizes your experience and allows you to:
Ready to access your portal account?
Create an account or log in with an existing account at faronow.faro.com
- Software Maintenance Plan Benefits for FARO Software
- Self-Help Portal - Your FARO Account, Product Licenses, Warranties, and Support Cases
- Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices
- FARO License Agreement Location
- Servicing Your FARO Device FAQs
- Has FARO approved other companies to repair or certify FARO devices
- Why does a calibration due date not appear on calibration certificates for FARO products
- What is included in the 15-point check that is part of the FaroArm or FARO Gage factory service
- What is included when I send my FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D to the factory for maintenance, re-calibration, and certification service, and how often should I do this
- What is included in the factory certification of a Laser Tracker SMR
maintenance plan, service agreement, support agreement, calibration, re-calibrate, recalibrate, annual calibration, arm calibration, certification, re-certify, recertify, re-certification, recertification, FaroArm, ScanArm, Laser Line Probe, LLP, Gage, Laser Tracker, Imager, AMP, Laser Scanner, Freestyle