Your FARO Edge or Faro® Laser ScanArm® Edge works best with the latest FaroArm USB driver, firmware, and kiosk software. This article shows you how to download and install the latest versions of this software.
During the servicing or recalibration of your FARO Edge, factory technicians install the latest firmware and kiosk software for you. But, plan to download and install the latest driver BEFORE you use the device. Factory improvements may require a driver update.
Install the USB FaroArm Driver
- Click here to download the appropriate USB FaroArm driver for your 32- or 64-bit operating system.
- Uninstall any existing drivers on your computer using the Microsoft Windows Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel.
- Run the executable file from your computer.
- After updating the USB FaroArm driver, check for communication. If your computer can communicate with the FARO Edge, you do not have to install new firmware.
Install the Firmware
- Click here to download the latest firmware, version 712.12.
- Unzip EdgeFirmwareUpdate.zip to an empty folder on the host computer.
- Attach the FARO Edge to the host computer using USB.
- Power on the FARO Edge.
- Run FaroUpdate.XXX.exe. Do not turn off the FARO Edge while the program is running.
Install the Kiosk Software
- Click here to download the latest kiosk software, version 1.8.5820.26066.
- The downloaded file has the version number in the file name. Remove the version number from the file name so that the file is named KioskUpdate.exe.
- Place the *.exe file on a USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive into the port on the left side of the fold-down touch screen controller.
- On the Main menu, touch Settings > Update Software.
- Notice the existing software version and the new software version on the USB driver to make sure they are different.
- Touch the button to update the system.
When the kiosk installation is complete, the FARO Edge automatically restarts. If there is any problem in this process, the original software will be automatically restored.
The FaroArms in this table are in Legacy status. FARO supports Legacy hardware for the length of time stated in your license agreement. If you would like to learn about the FaroArms FARO is actively developing, click here.
|Discontinue Date||FaroArm Models|
|Sep 2017||FARO Edge, ScanArm Edge|
- Driver for the USB FaroArm, ScanArm, or FARO® Gage and What's New file
- Firmware Download for the Edge FARO® Laser Line Probe (LLP)
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems That Are Compatible with the USB FaroArm Driver
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, LLP driver, Laser Line Probe driver, OS, operating system, download, latest driver, current driver, newest driver, new driver, earlier driver, past driver, old driver