This article lists the Release Notes for each version of As-Built™ for AutoCAD® Software to date. The current version release notes are displayed at the top of the article. Previous revisions are contained in expanding sections below.
Navigating this article:
- Use the Table of Contents block in the upper right hand of this article to jump to a release.
- You can expand a version section by clicking the + button
- To search all versions, click the Expand All Versions button and then use the Ctrl+f search feature in your browser. Sections must be “expanded” to be searched.
As-Built for AutoCAD 2020.0 - Release Notes
This is the first release for As-Built for AutoCAD 2020. For information on new features in this version, please refer to the What’s New Document.
As-Built for AutoCAD 2019.3 - Release Notes
This third maintenance release for As-Built for AutoCAD 2019, and includes the following fixed issues.
- BOX-1416: Insert Legend did not work for point cloud visualization style Elevation. Works again.
Total Station Connection
- BOX-1393: Total Station Trimble: TPSDK angle measurement errors are fixed now.
Plant Tools - Beams
- BOX-1289: Advance Steel: Single beam elements were not displayed in DWG with As-Built included in AutoCAD 2020 with Advance Steel. This is fixed. Beams are displayed correctly now.
- BOX-1374: Clash detection and distance analysis: Calculation of the distance of points to AutoCAD solids is corrected.
- BOX-1344: Analysis commands did open the colorization dialog (DISTCOLEDIT) although the step before ended with "No point cloud in drawing". This was fixed. The analysis commands end with the message, when no point cloud is loaded.
- BOX-1281: Fixed performance regression in One Click Plane and Automatic Rim (PlanarRegionGrowing). The commands work faster now.
- BOX-771: Colorize Analysed Point Cloud: Error message was available in English only. Localized error message "Destination Path Too Long".
- BOX-1297: Configure User Interface (KUBTCFGPROD): renamed As-Built Modeler into As-Built in the dialog, since the ribbon tab was already renamed with version 2019.2
Point Cloud Sections - Slices
- BOX-1326: French version had issues with Slice command. The É did not work as command line option. We now fixed all non-ASCII shortcuts.
- BOX-1340: New code signing certificate for Windows. May lead to warnings by Windows Defender. Please ignore.
Point Cloud Recognition
- BOX-1336: As-Built (under AutoCAD 2020) did not recognise point clouds that were inserted using the AutoCAD ATTACH command. They are recogized now without having to manually Put Point Clouds Under management
As-Built for AutoCAD 2019.2 - Release Notes
This second maintenance release for As-Built for AutoCAD 2019, and includes the following enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
New As-Built Modeler Included
An As-Built for AutoCAD license now includes FARO’s new As-Built Modeler.
As-Built Modeler provides high-resolution external scan views that are more intuitive and easier to navigate than the point cloud in AutoCAD. Clicking points in these scan views directly generates geometry in AutoCAD using the SendTo App:
Scan Labels in As-Built for AutoCAD can now also be created from a scan position file exported from As-Built Modeler:
These scan labels allow to automatically open the according As-Built Modeler project form inside AutoCAD using ‘Open linked scan’.
Activation of As-Built Modeler Functionality
All customers with a valid As-Built for AutoCAD 2019 license are eligible to use As-Built Modeler 2019.
To activate the functionality you need to update your license as follows:
- Customers with a valid maintenance contract for a local single-user license of As-Built for AutoCAD can use the online update or the license portal.
- Customers with a license for As-Built for AutoCAD 2019
- without valid maintenance at the time of the update, or
- with network licenses, or
- without internet access
Contact customer service to perform a manual activation.
Customer request: Since the AutoCAD Plant 3D export can take a while, we now added a progress bar to visualize that the software is still processing.
Scan Label Import
Analog to the Insert Point Cloud command, the scan lable import now allows scaling, and defining an offset. Thus, the imported scan positions from As-Built Modeler or VirtuSurv match the point cloud.
Renamed Ribbon Tab
In order to prevent confusion, the As-Built Modeler ribbon tab and menu in As-Built for AutoCAD are now renamed to As-Built.
Handheld Laser Meter and Total Station Connection
- BOX-1233: Connection to Disto Smart series devices is working again. Connection with BlueTooth 4.0 DISTOs (D510/D810) via handheld laser box did not work.
- BOX-1225: Extended Laser Meter Box lead to AutoCAD crash. This is fixed now.
Total Station Connection
- BOX-1232: Automatic target approach for setting out did not work for certain motorized total stations (e.g. Leica TCRM 1203). This is now fixed.
- BOX-1229: Command Exchange a Part (PCEXCHANGE): If an object does not have continuations at all connection points the list for selecting new parts was empty. The list now offers suitable parts.
- BOX-1205: In in certain drawings KUBITPLANTBEAM could not be exported to solids. This is fixed now.
- BOX-1231: AutoCAD Plant 3D export failed with exception, when pipes had only one connection point.
Menu Load and Menu Update
- BOX-1249: After installation of updates the menus did not always update automatically, users manually had to run the ABMENU command. Menus are now automatically updated.
- BOX-1269: French version, commands for creating recess/door/window: The dialog text did not match the symbols in the sketch. Also, the command line prompts have been corrected for all languages.
Feature Data Management
- BOX-1251: Export to Excel only showed feet values (no inch and fractions) when the CAD unit is set to Architectural. This is fixed now.
- BOX-1255: Small dialog layout fix in one of the sub-dialogs of the visualization definition.
- BOX-1219: updated FARO Licensing package and fixed updater
As-Built for AutoCAD 2019.1 - Release Notes
This first maintenance release for As-Built for AutoCAD 2019, and includes the following enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
Trim & Extend Multiple Planes
This new command extends and trims multiple kubit planes to their common trimming edge. It helps creating watertight models consisting of planar surfaces with very few clicks.
The command can be accessed via the As-Built Modeler ribbon tab:
Follow the command line prompts. Select multiple planes as input and define a tolerance. The tolerance defines the maximum distance to the plane intersection line. If the distance is larger than tolerance, the planes will not be intersected.
The command line-based user interface will be improved in future releases. Therefore, the feature is marked as “experimental”. You can use it as any other As-Built command.
Updated VirtuSurv Version 2019.1.0.29435
We included VirtuSurv 2019.1.0.29435 to the As-Built setup.
- Supports export of E57 files (including scanner position). The points are exported as structured point sets in cartesian coordinates.
- Supports import of the latest SCENE 2019.1 file format (*.fls and *.lsproj)
On user request for improving the workflow efficiency we copied the Curved Polyline command to As-Built Building Plans ribbon tab:
We also copied the Cylinder Connection commands from the TS Design to the As-Built Modeler ribbon tab:
- BOX-1189: Letters like É lead to exceptions on certain machines with French AutoCAD and French As-Built Modeler. lowerCase and upperCase functions do work locale independent now. Command line options support letters like É now.
- BOX-1207: Crash during Image Rectification was fixed. Improved error handling for certain exceptions.
- BOX-1198: Version manager did not automatically load new 2019.1 version.
- BOX-1191: Ensure that updated As-Built menu is loaded when installing a patch of version 2019. Fixed Automatic Update Notification
Total Station Control
- BOX-1197: As-Built TS Control ribbon tab and menu/toolbar was incomplete. Plan Analysis - Trace Outline now added.
As-Built for AutoCAD 2019 Release Notes
This is the first release for As-Built for AutoCAD 2019, refer to the What’s New Document for a more detailed explanation of new enhancements, improvements, and fixed issues.
As-Built for AutoCAD 2018 and Earlier Release Notes
Refer to the link below for As-Built for AutoCAD 2018 through PointSense 15.0 version history information.