- Click the link below to download the last version of FARO® SmartInspect Basic and Pro software.
- See the What's New document to view the changes made in the latest major release for this product. For a detailed list of software changes see the Release Notes.
- Check that your Microsoft Windows operating system is compatible.
SmartInspect software works best with your FARO Gage and FaroArm® devices when you use the latest version. The newest version includes bug fixes and features that can make it easier to get your job done quickly. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. This article shows you how to download and install the software.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
Installing the latest SmartInspect version does not overwrite the existing version. This enables you to run multiple versions of Measure 10 on the same computer.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges on your computer. If you do not, contact your IT department.
- Turn off all anti-virus and firewall software, as it can affect installing the software. We will remind you to turn it back on again at the end of this process. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the software, double-click the SmartInspect .exe file and click Run to begin the install process. The Language dialog box appears.
- Drop down the language list and select the language that matches your computer's operating system. English is the default. Click OK.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.The installation application puts the SmartInspect icon on your desktop.
- If you turned off all anti-virus and firewall software before you started the install process, turn it back on before you use the software. If you do not know how to do this, contact your IT department.
- Proceed to Activate or Update a SmartInspect License Product Key or Dongle to activate your software license.
Visit the FARO Academy and let FARO expert trainers with years of hands-on field experience save your time by starting you off right using FARO products. Review a variety of flexible training options including free online training courses, on-demand videos, instructor-lead live training, or customized training. First learn the basics, then, grow you own FARO experiences by refreshing your training as new software features are released.
- User and Training Manual for SmartInspect
- Software Packages Approved for FARO Gage
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems that are Compatible with FARO Software
arm, portlock, HASP, HL, measurement software, inspection software