Correspondences can be created manually by using the correspondence view or by a command in the context menu of scans. Manually created correspondences are never broken by the automatic search. Therefore, they are also called user forced correspondences.
There are two ways to create a correspondence.
- Arrange the scan in the correspondence view, so that its scan references lay next to their counterparts. Then hit the Update button of the view. This will create correspondences between the neighboring references.
- Name the scan references according to their counterparts. Then use the special registration command Place Scans (Force by Manual Target Names)of the context menu which forces correspondences by name.
Please see the SCENE User Manual for more information.
In this 7-minute YouTube tutorial, FARO Application Engineer Si Horton demonstrates how to work the split correspondence view feature to find common targets between scans.
- What are the basics of Registration in FARO SCENE
- How do I register large data sets in SCENE
- Where can I find a list of all the videos available for SCENE
registration, forced, CS view