- Click the link below to download the 64-bit version of the latest FARO® SCENE Software Development Kit (SDK) . If you need an earlier version, click here. Note: SDK version 220.127.116.118 supports SCENE 2018.0.
Release Date Version 28 Aug 2018 18.104.22.1688
- Go to install and upgrade the latest FARO SCENE SDK to continue.
The FARO SCENE SDK enables software developers to create applications that open SCENE data files in third-party software, such as AutoDesk Recap. This SDK is not intended for creating applications that extend functionality to control the FARO® Laser Scanner Focus or read scans into custom or proprietary software. You can request a separate SDK made for extending functionality by contacting FARO Support and signing the required non-disclosure agreement.
The latest version of the SDK includes bug fixes and features that make it easier to get your job done quickly. Although the SCENE SDK contains all the features of earlier versions and is backwards compatible, there may be times when using an earlier version is better for your project. For instance, when the latest version has not been approved by your organization or when you are using an earlier version of SCENE. Your version of the SDK should match the the SCENE version you are using. You can download both the latest and earlier versions of the SCENE SDK in this article.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes|
Download and Save the Software
- From the list of latest or earlier software, click an appropriate language and /or computer processor link. A window appears showing the software file name you want to download.
- Click Save. The download begins. It may take several minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in process.
- When the download is complete, the SCENE SDK file appears in the browser download folder. Copy it to a safe location on your computer's hard drive. Write down the location so you can refer to it later.
- To continue, go to SDK File Installation for SCENE to uninstall the existing SDK (if applicable) and install the latest one.
Most of the earlier software versions are discontinued and are no longer being developed. Discontinued software is considered Legacy. FARO supports Legacy software for the length of time stated in your license agreement. To learn about the work efficiency features available in the newest version of SCENE, click here.
Generally, the version of the SCENE SDK should match the version of SCENE you are using.
Click here, if you need an earlier version of the manuals. Select the processor type, then click on the version that is appropriate for you.