- Click here to download check the System Requirements to be sure that your computer system is compatible with the latest FARO® RayTracer™ Software Suite. Make sure you install all software using administrator privileges. If you do not have administrator privileges, contact your IT department.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of RayTracer, uninstall the RayTracer Admin, Operator, and Laser setups and skip to step 7. If this is the first time you are installing RayTracer, continue with step 3.
- Click here to download the MATLAB Component Runtime Installer (MCR) 2007b (7.7). Save and expand this .zip file on the computer where you plan to install RayTracer.
- Read the readme.txt file before you try to install any of the software.
- Double-click the vcredist_x86.exe file to install the version of C++ that supports MATLAB.
- Double-click the MCRInstaller_2007b.exe file to install MATLAB. MATLAB must be correctly installed before you install RayTracer.
- Click these links to download and save the latest version of RayTracer to your computer.
- In the order listed in step 7, double-click the .exe files to install the software. Use the default settings for each.
- After all the software has been installed and before you run the software, reboot your computer.
For upgrade and installation details, click here to download the documentation.
The RayTracer Software Suite, used with the FARO® TracerM Laser Projector, has two major components: RayTracer Administrator and RayTracer Operator. With these components, you can create 3D laser projected templates that guide manufacturing processes to ensure accurate, high-quality production. Specified user access levels, as well as predetermined sequences of operating steps, help impose strict production rules on production work processes.
With RayTracer Administrator you set up a RayTracer database, manipulate its components, configure jobs and control parameters, edit projection data and reference tool data, create user names and passwords, and more. Its easy-to-use interface allows multiple document handling, copying and pasting, layered tree structure viewing, and other options.
RayTracer Operator is an intuitive and user-friendly program that enables the TracerM to project 3D templates. With RayTracer Operator, you can retrieve and execute pre-configured jobs from a RayTracer database, but cannot change the content.
RayTracer works best when you use the latest version. Update releases offer new ease-of use features that help you get your job done quicker and easier, as well as bug fixes. With each new version, you increase your work efficiency and get more done with less effort. By keeping your warranty up to date, you get access to the latest software.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
|Supported Windows Operating Systems||
|Supported Hardware||FARO® TracerM Laser Projector|
- Manuals, Upgrade Instructions, and Release Notes for RayTracer 5.3.4
- Warranty Benefits and Management
3D template software, 3D stencil, measurement software, upgrade, new release, maintenance release