Contaminates and Your FARO Warranty
The capabilities of FARO’s products encourage their use in many different applications and environments. Some work environments may contain contaminates, such as chemicals, radiation, bio-chemical waste, particles, ozone, water, fire, smoke, lead, or other dangerous or hazardous chemicals or materials. These contaminates can damage FARO products or their parts. Please be aware that the cases surrounding FARO hardware and computers include cooling holes and fans that draw contaminants into the case.
If a FARO product has been rated to be used in a potentially hazardous work environment, that rating is recorded in the technical specifications for the product. Please make sure you check the technical specifications before you use the product. The Technical Specifications for the most popular FARO devices are included in the See Also section of this article. If your product is not one of these, search this knowledge base using the keywords Tech Sheet or Technical Specification.
For safety and liability reasons, if FARO hardware or computers are contaminated, FARO cannot provide service or re-certification until you provide certificated proof that the device has been correctly decontaminated, tested, and is safe for human contact. FARO reserves the right to require you to provide third-party certification of human safety for any product suspected of being contaminated. FARO also reserves the right to refuse the receipt, repair, and or service of any product suspected of contamination.
If your hardware has been contaminated, contact FARO Support to get product specific information about what to consider during the decontamination process. Charges may apply depending on your warranty status and the extent of the contamination. Charges are determined on a case-by-case basis. Send a copy of the contamination and decontamination certification to FARO Support prior to shipping your hardware to the FARO factory for service and re-certification.
- Will my FARO hardware be damaged or measure inaccurately if used inside a nuclear facility
- Is the FARO Focus3D spark-proof or explosion-proof
- Where can I find the FARO Edge Tech Sheet
- Where can I download the Tech Sheet for the FaroArm Fusion
- Where Can I Download the Technical Sheets for the USB FaroArm Platinum, Titanium, or Advantage
- Where can I find FARO Gold, Silver and Bronze Arms Tech Sheets
- Laser Tracker ION Tech Sheets
- Where can I download the technical specifications for the Focus3D X 130/330
- Where can I find the tech sheet for the Laser Scanner Focus 3D
- Where can I download the technical specifications for the FARO Freestyle3D X
hazardous materials, haz mat, hazmat, safe operating conditions, FARO device, FARO warranty