You can transfer the ownership and warranty of your FARO® device to a new owner, but according to the FARO software license agreement, you must request permission to transfer FARO software.
- For FARO hardware, click here to get the Transfer of Assets form for FARO hardware. Fill out the form, and email or send it to FARO Support.
- For FARO software, the software associated with the hardware can be evaluated for transfer as part of the hardware transfer process. FARO does not transfer software without a hardware transfer.
The Transfer of Warranty or Service Plan Agreement form enables you to transfer ownership of your FARO hardware from one person, business, or business unit to another. This enables the new owner to contact FARO support to get information about the device and its warranty. If you are transferring a device and there is still remaining time on the warranty plan, the new owner can receive benefits from having an active warranty. Anyone can transfer a FARO device to a new owner, but only authorized FARO distributors can transfer FARO software without first asking FARO for permission. Consult the appendices of the User Manuals for both your FARO hardware and software for details about transferring ownership and warranty.
Suppose you want to sell or give away your FARO device. It still has a valid hardware warranty. You fill out the Transfer of Assets form included in this article and email it to FARO Support. The Support Agent changes the ownership of the device and warranty to the new owner and notifies you that the device and warranty have been successfully transferred.
Your FARO device has software that goes with it. This software is still under warranty. You might think that because you received the notification from FARO Support that the device has been transferred to the new owner, that the new owner has the right to use the software and receive benefits from the remaining software warranty. That can only happen if you, as the original owner, ask FARO for written consent. If the original owner does not ask for written consent, the new owner is not legally authorized to use the software, get support, or receive upgrades from FARO.
- Self-Help Portal - Your FARO Account, Product Licenses, Warranties, and Support Cases
- FARO License Agreement Location
- What is included in the 15-point check that is part of the FaroArm or FARO Gage factory service
- What is included when I send my FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D to the factory for maintenance, re-calibration, and certification service, and how often should I do this
transfer asset, transfer maintenance plan, transfer warranty plan, transfer ownership, transfer service agreement, transfer support agreement, transfer certification, guarantee, factory service