If your dongle or portlock has been misplaced, damaged, stolen, is defective, or you would want to upgrade from a serial to a USB dongle, we can send you a replacement dongle. To get a replacement, send your regional Support Agent documentation that describes what happened. the documentation must include the items listed in this article. By taking care to provide complete documentation we can process your request quicker and you can get the replacement faster.
Include these things in the documentation you send to the Support Agent. Click here for the list of regional Support Agent contacts and hours of availability.
- A letter on corporate letter head that includes your your company name, billing and shipping address, phone number, email address, and your signature.
- A description of what happened to your dongle and what you need.
- For stolen or misplaced dongles where you no longer have the dongle in your possession. State what happened. If you have one, attach a copy of a police report or insurance claim. Include this sentence in the letter, "If the stolen or misplaced dongle(s) are recovered, we will return them to FARO."
- For damaged or defective dongles, or if you want an upgrade where you still have the dongle. Include the dongle serial number, what happened to the dongle, and a description of what you need. Request an RMA so you can return the dongle to FARO and get a reduced price for the replacement.
- A method of payment. FARO can accept a purchase orders, checks, credit cards, or money transfers. Click here to download instructions about how to submit your payment method. See section 2 for details. If you use a credit card or a money transfer, your regional Support Agent can take your credit card or bank information over the phone. Here are the prices for replacement dongles. Prices include shipping fees but do not include applicable taxes. Your regional Support Agent can advise you about taxes.
- For stolen or misplaced dongles: $520 US dollars per replacement dongle
- For damaged or defective dongles, or for upgrades to USB dongles: $160 US dollars per replacement dongle
- A shipping method. Unless you stipulate otherwise, the standard shipping method within United States boarders is two-day air. Standard shipping in your specific region may vary. Your regional Support Agent can advise you about shipping.
- For stolen or misplaced dongles: After receiving payment, we send the replacement dongle according to the method described in your documentation.
- For damaged or defective dongles, or for upgrades to USB dongles: After receiving payment and you provide the tracking information for the return dongle, we send the replacement dongle according to the instructions described in your documentation.
- Is it possible to use a WLAN stick as a dongle for SCENE software
- Activate or Update a SCENE License Product Key or Dongle
- How can I use a network license server to share and manage multiple FARO software product license keys
- FARO License Agreement Location
port lock, license key, lost portlock, lost dongle, lost port lock, lost license, missing portlock, missing dongle, missing port lock, missing license