The ASME B89.4.19 System Calibration (960-02589) is an additional calibration standard FARO uses in conjunction with the FARO Standard Calibration (ACC-00). The Laser Tracker must go through the FARO Standard Calibration before it can go through the ASME B89.4.19 System Calibration (960-02589). This article contains information about both standards.
All FARO factory service centers are ISO/IEC accredited. The scope of our accreditation does not include the FARO Standard Calibration (ACC-00) process, therefore our accreditation information is not listed on the certificate. The optional ASME B89.4.19 system calibration is accredited. Click here for in depth information about our ISO accreditation.
FARO Standard Calibration (ACC-00)
- Incoming inspection and evaluation of the Laser Tracker
This series of standard checks and tests determine the overall status of the Tracker.
- Check inspection of cables, connections, and boards
- Check accuracy using CompIT with SMRs of multiple sizes
- Test to evaluate the ADM accuracy over the full volume of the Tracker using internal test procedures
- Verify that laser output and encoder signals are within proper range
- Check tracking ability
- Check As Received measurements of temperature and pressure using NIST Traceable Standards for the FARO Certificate of Calibration
- Tracking finishing
- Upgrade the Tracker to latest engineering specification
- Upgrade MCU firmware
- Repeated testing of the Tracker's ability to consistently power up and initiate measurements properly
- Calibration and certification to FARO factory specification
- Final interim tests and compensations using processes developed by FARO to verify the Tracker is measuring within specified tolerances
- Compensate and calibrate the weather module using NIST Traceable Standards for final results recorded on the certificate of calibration.
ASME B89.4.19 System Calibration (960-02589)
To get a copy of the ASME B89.4.19 Standard, download it from American Society of Mechanical Engineers web site.
Calibration and Certification to ASME B89.4.19 Standard
This standard provides a consistent and accepted method of qualifying the accuracy of Laser Tracker measurements to National Measurement Institutes Standards (such as NIST, NPL, DKD, Spring Singapore). The standard specifies using two traceable artifacts: traceable scale bars at predetermined distances and locations, as well as National Measurement Institutes Standard traceable interferometers.
Once this calibration is completed, the Tracker has National Measurement Institutes Traceable measurements instead of National Measurement Institutes Traceable components.
- Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices
- Traceability of Key Components for the Calibration of the Laser Tracker ION, X, and Xi
- FARO Factory Manufacturing and Service ISO Accreditation-Certification
- China Compulsory Certification (CCC) for FARO Hardware
- FARO Technologies ISO Certification
check up, factory servicing, factory service