Many wonder how often to send their FARO® device to the factory for recertification, calibration, cleaning, maintenance, or servicing.
In accordance with FARO's ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covering calibration procedures, FARO does not include a Calibration Due Date on calibration certificates for our products. Nor do we specify a time interval for calibration, certification, or service. It is a best practice to define conservative and consistent calibration and servicing intervals based on your frequency of use, environmental conditions, corporate quality standards, and general project requirements.
Something to consider is that your FARO device is a precision tool. Sending it to the factory for periodic re-certification, calibration, and service enhances its performance and accuracy. A yearly certification service is included in most FARO warranty plans. To get this service, contact FARO Support and schedule it within the time frame stated in your warranty.
- FARONow! Customer Portal - Your FARO Account, Product Licenses, Warranties, and Support Cases
- Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices
- Warranty Plans for FARO Hardware
- Request Service, 15-Point Check, or Certification for FaroArm, ScanArm, or Gage
- Factory Certification Tests Performed on Laser Tracker SMR
- Certificates of Calibration Availability for SMR Nests or Tooling Used with the Laser Tracker
- Calibration, Certification, and Maintenance Services for the Focus
- Certification or Repair by Other Companies
calibration Interval, Cal interval, cal due date, calibration, re-calibrate, annual calibration, arm calibration, certification, re-certify, FaroArm, ScanArm, Laser Line Probe, LLP, Gage, Laser Tracker, Imager, AMP, Laser Scanner, Freestyle, accessories, tooling, SMRs, nests