FARO® InTouch is a software distribution and management application which streamlines the downloading, installation, updating and execution of FARO software. With the auto-update option is enable, users can now benefit from always having the latest version installed, without the hassle of manually downloading and installing every time a new version is released. To reduce icon clutter on the desktop, InTouch allows individual FARO software applications to be launched directly from the InTouch UI.
Note: FARO InTouch is only compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 10/11
When installing InTouch for the first time, it is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of CAM2, RPM, Device Center and CAD Translator via the Windows® Control Panel before installation.
|Download FARO InTouch|
- Run the downloaded InTouch installer.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install.
- The installation process will begin. The time taken will depend upon network speed and prerequisites that require installing.
- Once complete the user can choose to enable:
- Auto Updates (recommended). With Auto Updates enabled, InTouch will manage the update process, and provide notifications when an application has been updated without any intervention from the user.
- Launch InTouch
- Click Finish.
- InTouch will display both installed and available applications. To install an application simply click Install from the tile drop-down. It is possible to install Control Center, Control Server and Control Station at the same time.
- Applications can be launched from within InTouch by clicking Run from the tile drop-down.
In order for InTouch to function properly, access to the following URL’s is required. If you are having issues installing or updating InTouch, ensure all hardware and software firewalls are allowing traffic to these locations.
- Data Service URL: https://intouch.farosw.com/
- File Download URL#1: https://ddx2moy5fie1a.cloudfront.net/
- File Download URL#2: https://d30kkzfkfzw0cw.cloudfront.net/
Symptom: InTouch setup hangs/freezes during installation
Note: This issue is resolved in version 1.2.20 and later. Please download the latest version before attempting this solution.
This issue is typically caused by corrupt/empty files in the folder "C:\ProgramData\InTouch.Service".
- In Windows Explorer, go to the folder "C:\ProgramData".
- Locate the folder "InTouch.Service" and delete this folder and all its contents.
- Reinstall InTouch.