You may wonder what happens when a FARO® service center receives your FARO device for service, repair (if needed), and certification. Here is a high-level overview of the workflow our Service Technicians/Engineers follow once they receive your device.
Did you know you can track the progress of your device in real time using the FARONow! Customer Portal?
FARONow! has an intuitive status tracker/progress bar for any RMA submitted. Simply view the details of any RMA Case and the progress bar (located on the top of the page) will give you its current status.
FARO 15 Point Check
Whether your device needs repair or only certification, our technicians/engineers perform a 15-point check throughout the process to ensure your device is in optimal working order when it is returned to you. Here is what is included:
FARO devices not listed above follow similar checklists.
Note: This workflow may vary depending on incoming inspection findings.
Waiting for Product
Upon receiving your request for repair or certification. FARO will generate an RMA Case and then email you specific shipping instructions including the shipping address of the FARO Factory Service location. Please allows up to 72 hours to process the request. If do not received your RMA and shipping instruction email, please contact your local FARO Customer Service.
Your device is received into our system on the day of arrival. Contents of the shipment (accessories, cables, probes etc.) are documented to assure all items are returned as received.
Your device now moves to Incoming Inspection/Evaluation where:
- The device is tested and compared to factory specifications.
- Additional tests are conducted to replicate and verify any reported problems.
Trained FARO Service Technicians/Engineers will repair your device based on the findings during the evaluation process. Once all service and repairs are completed, the device then moves to Calibration.
Non-Warranty or Repairs Not Covered Under Warranty
If repairs are needed that are not covered under your current warranty:
- A FARO Customer Service Agent will contact you to provide an estimated repair quotation for your approval.
- Customer approval and defined payment method (purchase order, signed and stamped estimate, etc.) are required before FARO commences any repairs. After that, if additional parts are required to be replaced, a separate approval must be obtained these additional charges as well.
- Upon approval FARO will provide a new target completion date.
Note: Replacement parts used for all (in-warranty and out-of-warranty) repairs may be new, refurbished, or contain refurbished materials. All replacement parts are guaranteed to meet FARO specifications and quality standards.
FARO may choose to replace an in-warranty product rather than repair. Replacement products will be newer or of equal age and of equal or better specification.
ISO accredited FARO Service Centers provide standardized device calibration, ensuring that your device has been correctly and reliably calibrated. All applicable FARO devices are calibrated using artifacts that are traceable to the International System of Units (SI) through NIST or another recognized National Metrological Institute that is a participant of the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIMP) Mutual Recognition Agreement.
Calibration Certificate issuance (if applicable) and shipment back to our customers will happen only if the device is found to be completely within our own defined specifications. For more information and a list of device specific calibration standards see: Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices.
Once all repairs and a successful calibration has been obtained the device then moves to our final preparation area.
- Device and shipping case/container are cleaned.
- Updated safety and instruction labels applied.
- All devices that have been serviced receive a Certificate of Certification (if applicable) and a Repair Letter (description of the service completed).
- Original shipment components are verified for the return shipment.
- A final invoice will also be provided (if applicable).
Once the device is approved to ship, you will be notified and provided with carrier and tracking information. Return shipments are only possible in the device’s original hard case/container.
Your device will arrive within 2 days for most regions, (exceptions due to Customs). In the event you are picking up your unit from a FARO service location. You should receive a separate email outlining pickup times and procedures.
Note: For non-warranty or repairs not covered under warranty, return shipments will only be released contingent on the account credit term (e.g. Net 30, Payment in Advance, etc.).
- Return of Defective Parts or Components after FARO Factory Service
- FARONow! Customer Portal - Your FARO Account, Product Licenses, Warranties, and Support Cases
- Compensation, Calibration, and Certification Standards for FARO Devices
- Servicing or Repairing Your FARO Device FAQs
- FARO Factory Service Locations and Products They Service
- Request Service, 15-Point Check, or Certification for FaroArm, ScanArm, or Gage
- Warranty Plans for FARO Hardware
warranty, certification, checklist, service, RMA, customer service