You may wonder what happens when a FARO® service center receives your FARO device for service, repair (if needed), and certification. Here is a high-level overview of the workflow technicians follow once they receive your device. This workflow may vary depending on the issues reported by the technician.
Service begins the day after your device is received in our system by the Service Receiver.
- The Service Receiver logs the inventory of shipment components.
- The device is evaluated by a Service Technician.
- If repairs are needed ...
- You receive documentation that provides details about the repairs and costs (if applicable) .
- A Support Agent contacts you to get your approval to start the repairs, arrange a method of payment (if needed), and give you a new time estimate.
- Once the evaluation is complete, the Service Technician works with our Engineering and Calibration Departments to complete repairs and/or adjustments.
- The device is moved to our Calibration Department to be calibrated or certified, depending upon the service needed.
- Once this has been completed, the device moves to our Final Preparation area where the device is cleaned, the original shipment components are verified, and the device is moved to shipping for delivery back to you.
- All devices that have been serviced receive a certification (unless otherwise noted) and a short description of the service completed.
- Servicing Your FARO Device FAQs
- FARO Factory Service Locations and Products They Service
- Time Needed for General Service and Calibration of FARO Hardware
- Factory Service 15-Point Check for the FaroArm or Gage
- Factory Service Tests and Calibration Guidelines
- FaroArm Compensation and Calibration
- Warranty Plans for FARO Hardware
warranty, certification, checklist, service, RMA, customer service